Thursday, February 11, 2010

first post, ever.

so, this is my first time using a blog... i apologize if i don't get the hang of it for awhile.

i decided to start a blog for a couple reasons... so my friends could keep up on my life, so i can have opportunities to share what i'm up to/what i believe/ etc, and also, because i have 6 hours til my next class and i can't go home (& homework for 6 hours is absolutely out of the question).

well, i've been living in provo, utah, since the beginning of this year. definitely an adventure. i've been going to school at the BYU Salt Lake Center, which has been good. just been working on finishing up some GE's. i didn't get into BYU for this current semester, but i felt like i was ready to move out and be on my own so that's why i'm at the salt lake center this semester. kinda a half-way point between a community college and a university... i like it, although the 50-mile drive two days a week is not my favorite thing in the world.

so, just to put it out there...
I'M GOING TO BYU HAWAII IN THE FALL!
yep. prettttty excited. let me tell you the story:
my mom does customer service for a medical company, and she ships orders and stuff to people who call in to order their medical products. well, about two weeks ago she got a call from a lady in the health office at byu hawaii. they chatted a little bit, and my mom told her my situation, how i'm in provo now and trying to get into byu for the fall. the lady told my mom to tell me to apply. so my mom told me and i thought about it... i had never really considered byu hawaii, i've always wanted to be in provo. but once she mentioned it i thought about it all the time.
so, last monday, i applied to byu and byu hawaii. i figured it wouldn't hurt to try both and see what happened. well, last thursday, three days after applying, hawaii told me i was accepted!! three days are you kidding me!? i was so excited. but i still didn't know what i was going to do, because like i said i've always dreamed of being at byu (provo) and there were a lot of pros and cons for each school. well i thought about it, and thought about it, and waited for byu to get back to me...STILL waiting... and finally i just prayed about it-- i asked the Lord if He wanted me to go to byu hawaii this fall, and i felt overwhelmingly like i should.
so, that made my decision.

i'm way excited! and nervous, i have no idea what to expect! but i just feel like everything fell into place so perfectly and so quickly. and then when i prayed i felt real good about it. so i think this is what's right for me. i've had fun in utah but i am excited for a brand new adventure next year! paradise, here i come! the problem will be getting me off the beach and into the classroom...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment