Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a weekend away

so, over the weekend i stayed at a cabin in brighton with my best friend annie and her family. it was so much fun! we left provo friday afternoon and spent the evening friday eating good food, playing games, and just relaxing.

saturday we hit the slopes. it was snowing all day, but not too hard and it wasn't too cold so it was alright. the snow was PERFECT. and i did better at snowboarding than i had before. it was all-around the best snowboarding day i've ever had!

there were a couple mishaps, however. for one, my binding broke! a screw came out which made the whole thing loose and unable to keep my boot in. as it was breaking, i wiped out pretty hard and my right foot came out of the binding, the board proceeded to spin around my left foot twisting my ankle pretty good. it's not sprained or anything, just a little swollen, and i boarded on it the rest of the day without any issues. but later, when we got off the lift and i attempted to buckle in, it wouldn't work. my boot would not get in there and then i realized the binding was broken. so i walked back up to the lift and talked to ski patrol, told them it was broken, and they decided to take me down in a tobaggon. haha. annie's dad made fun of me for that for sure.

saturday night we went out to dinner and then we left sunday mid-day.
it was such a fun trip and i'm so glad i was able to have a weekend away!

2 comments:

  1. did you snow board a lot before? I have only been a few times but I loved it. sounds like it was a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you Danielle!

    ReplyDelete