Sunday, January 30, 2011

faith, trust, patience, and following the spirit.

those are some of the things i've been learning lately. i've said it before but i'll say it again- i like to plan my life. i really like to. i've had to learn that i can't plan it all out, that it doesn't always work that way. right when i think i have it all figured out and i adjust my plans accordingly, that new plan changes, and then it changes again. haha. heavenly father keeps throwing curve balls at me.


some scriptures for me to live by these days:

trust in the lord with all thine heart, and lean not
unto thine own understanding,
in all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.
-proverbs 3:5-6

look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
- doctrine and covenants 6:36

i know that [the lord] loveth his children, nevertheless i do not know the meaning of all things.
- 1 nephi 11:17


i have no idea why these situations are happening in my life. the fact that my future is so up in the air makes me really nervous. but i have followed the spirit in making decisions contrary to my own plans in the past, and i have seen time and time again that it was the best thing for me. it's really hard for me to live my life one day at a time and put all my trust in god. but i'm learning. and i'm grateful for the learning experience-- whatever my future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment