Sunday, February 6, 2011

things i like recently

1. greek yogurt. seriously, the stuff is SO good. lots of protein, low sugar, low carbs... it's just superfood and it's amazing with honey on it (and, when i'm not paying $7 for a box in hawaii, also with vanilla almond special k on top). yumm. and to those of you who say it's just sour cream.. shut up.

2. gossip girl. OKAY, i'm honestly addicted to this show. 3 weeks ago my roommate and i decided to start the first season... and i have not been able to stop watching it! so much drama, humor, hot guys, people living fabulous lives. not to mention i want to be blake lively... yep. addicted.

3. modern family. another show i've only recently become hooked on... it is just too funny! i sit in the library watching it between classes and i honestly can not stop myself from laughing out loud. people look at me wondering what the heck could be so funny that i can't stop myself from busting up.

4. leggings! i've had them forever, but lately i want to be in them allll the time. they're just so comfy and wonderful.

5. exercising. i've always liked working out but lately i've been working out 5-6 days a week and i just love it! i've been spending some time with my pal jillian michaels, and going running more too. also, my dance class (see #9) kicks my butt for two hours a week. anyway, being active feels great. let's see how long i can make this exercise kick last.

6. letting things go. yeah, not one of my stronger suits. when things are going on in my life i tend to think about them (over-think them). things haven't been happening as i expected them to lately and it's been really hard for me to just let it go and let things happen. taking life one day at a time is way hard for me but i've come to find i'm much happier when i do that. if something's supposed to happen, it will.

7. the spirit. okay duh, of course i always like the spirit and receiving revelation. but lately i've been receiving inspiration more often than usual. it's just such a special experience to have the spirit give me answers to my life questions. i'm able to feel so much more at peace and feeling the spirit has definitely helped me with my #6.

8. piano!! if you know me, you probably know i loooove piano. love love love it. if you want to win me over, just play it for me (really, it's that easy). i want to marry a man that plays the piano.. not a requirement of course... it would just be really.. REALLY nice.. um.. yeah.. anyway, where was i? ..oh yeah. love the piano. k, took some lessons when i was younger, but didn't stick with it. FINALLY got myself enrolled in a piano class at school, so that way it's inexpensive AND i'm obligated to keep practicing. i get bored with the piano book pretty easily so i've taken to watching youtube vids to teach me how to play some fun songs :) i spent 2 1/2 hours the other day learning apologize by one republic. love it. i also started learning an old favorite, konstantine... next on my list is what sarah said by death cab for cutie and samson by regina spektor. playing has proven to be therapeutic for me, too. starting from nothing and with practice, creating; being able to play a song helps me forget about my problems.

9. my dance class. yeah, another thing i've always liked. i've danced for years. i'm even known by some as "dancing danielle." so dance isn't something new that i love. but i hadn't taken a "real" dance class in over a year, so taking dance this semester has been so great for me. my teacher is probably the cutest lady ever? and she's four months pregnant and she schools all of us. she's hard core. i have fun people in my class, and i've learned some of the funnest dances ever!

10. my psychology classes. this semester i'm taking developmental psychology, cultural psychology, and personality. i'm loving being a psych major; all my classes interest me! it's fun to learn for a change. huh. the last three things i liked comprised my entire class schedule. i guess i like school this semester?


of course it goes without saying (but i guess i'm saying it anyway)
that i love my family and my friends and my roommates so much.
and, living in hawaiian paradise... that's a given.




til next time :)

1 comment:

  1. This is all so lovely! Great blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete