Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"you know how to be happy"

the other day i was talking to a friend from home who i haven't talked to in awhile. we were discussing his life in washington and mine in hawaii... he's always entertaining to talk to. one of my favorite parts of the conversation went like this:

austin: be happy
austin: but i don't have to tell you that
me: what do you mean?
austin: you know how to be happy

a simple statement, but it made my day. i like to think of myself as a generally happy person. but i do get stressed out about things going on in my life, and sometimes when i'm in a bad mood i just want to stay that way. even though i haven't seen this kid for over a year, he remembers me as a girl who knows how to be happy. i thought it was really a cool compliment.

so, smile. be happy. be grateful for your blessings. life's good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment