Tuesday, November 16, 2010

i yell, "pick me up!!" in my head.

and i think it works.

i've had to walk everywhere since i've lived in hawaii.
and it's taken some getting used to.
i don't mind walking. really.
just, when it's 90 degrees or pouring rain, or if i've just had a long day,
i'd rather not.
so i get rides from people a lot.
and, when i can't get a ride, i walk.
and i yell in my head "pick me up pick me up!"
hoping the person driving by will "hear" me,
and take pity on me and give me a ride.
say what you will, but i really think it works!
not having a car has given me much more compassion
for those of my friends who don't have cars back home.
typically, i'd be annoyed when people asked me for a ride...
like, come on, how old are we? you don't drive??
but now i can totally sympathize.

in other news,
harry potter comes out this weekend!
call me a little kid (really, it's okay if you want to).
but i LOVE harry potter. like sooo much.
and i'm not ashamed to admit it!


31 days til i go home for christmas!!!
i love and miss my family.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment